“You’re so (insert why they are your favorite person in the world here), I just wish there was two of you.”
We’ve all thought it. If you even try to deny it, YOU ARE A LIAR.
Thankfully, it does happen. Twins exist, and the world is a better place for it. Because I believe so strongly about this, I’ve carefully chosen the world’s eight favorite sets of twins.
- Fred and George Weasley …listed first because they are clearly the most important. Our beloved Fred and George, masters of devious schemes and Weasley Wizard Wheezes, are somehow an inspiration to both rule-breakers and entrepreneurs and united all Harry Potter readers by having us ask the question, “How is it possible, even in the magical realm, that these two did not flunk out of school?”
- Tia and Tamera Mowry I really was just a huge fan of Sister, Sister, so I put them on the list.
- Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen
The only set of fraternal twins that were weirdly identical. Well…they were identical. Until Mary Kate apparently went and did this. Why, Mary Kate….whyyyyyyy?!
- Hallie Parker and Annie James So, technically, Lindsay Lohan is NOT a twin. But she played two very different people so well as one person that we will forever be grateful and forever be left wondering,”Shouldn’t we have seen the psychotic break coming?”
- Cameron and Tyler WinklevossSure, Mark Zuckerberg got all the credit, fame, status, and money for being the creator of Facebook, but even he has the Winklevi to thank. If they hadn’t birthed the idea of a social media site that keeps us more connected than we ever wanted, pitched the idea to Zuckerberg, or left enough legal holes that Zuckerberg could find in order to steal their idea, Facebook wouldn’t exist. So, thank you, Winklevoss twins, for being dreamers and having big ideas. And thank you, Zuckerberg, for being big enough of an asshole to steal their idea and become one of the world’s youngest, richest people.
- Benji and Joel Madden They made this list because we all haveangsty stages in life. You know, those stages where we listen to Good Charlotte’s “The Anthem” through our over-the-head-phones with skull stickers on them and sulk over how nobody understands us. We later learn that we don’t even understand ourselves and go on a journey of self-discovery through our junior and senior years of high school that leads to the over-confidence we have in our maturity level.That’s what I’ve heard anyways.
- Chris and Liam Hemsworth
Ok. So maybe they aren’t twins. But they are siblings, and they have given us a lot to be thankful for, so they made the list.